Tuesday 19 April 2011

Exclusive: Halle Berry Talks to 'Extra' About Custody Case

Exclusive: Halle Berry Talks to 'Extra' About Custody Case

"It's been a year full of challenges," Halle Berry acknowledged, after opening up to "Extra's" Terri Seymour about her work with Jenesse center, and for the first time about her very public custody case involving Nahla, with her ex, Gabriel Aubry.
Halle-Berry.jpg
Extra
The custody proceedings have gone well, and the actress revealed, "When there's a child involved, it's a relief when you can resolve things in a good way. Our issues were never about fighting for her. We both know a child needs both her parents. But what I want to say about it is sometimes, as a couple, you reach an impasse. We need a court and a judge to help us work out some of the delicate issues, and I'm so happy we've arrived at that place -- because for her sake, this is the best way. We both love her more than life."

Halle Through the Years
Berry was honored at the Jenesse Center's Annual Silver Rose Gala for her "What a Little Love Can Do" project, which renovates apartments at Los Angeles' Jenesse Center, a transitional housing shelter for victims of domestic violence. "There's such a stigma that goes a long with a shelter, and I thought if we can make shelter life be something for them to aspire to have when they leave here, we'll have done something really good," she explained.
Shedding light on how her involvement with the Jenesse Center hits close to home, Halle said, "I care so much about women and I care so much about children. I've had certain experiences in my life that make it easy for me to understand the hardships that women face; the hardships that children face. And because it's so personal for me, it's a way that I sort of get to extricate my own demons by doing something good to help others. It's really fulfilling work that I get to do."
Halle's new beau, Olivier Martinez, is also joining her mission. She gushed, "He's got his own ideas of how he can get involved in the center. So I'm excited he's excited about coming on board."
To find out how you can help "What a Little Love Can Do," go to jenesse.org.

Read more: http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2011/04/exclusive_halle_berry_talks_to_extra_about_custody_case.php#ixzz1K0gMH6Lg

No comments:

Post a Comment